Sunday 3 April 2016

What Have You Learned From Your Audience Feedback?

During my research, I used focus groups and questionnaires to gather information from my target audience. The results I gathered from this helped me shape my marketing campaign to as streamlined as possible. All this helped me achieve to make what my target audience wanted.





The results during production were so helpful that I decided to conduct a further questionnaire post-production to determine what my audience thought of my marketing campaign and whether they thought it was authentic.


Magazine Post-Production Questionnaire:

  1. In comparison to existing mainstream film magazines, does this front cover look authentic? Why?
  2. Would you be able to tell that this front cover is meant for a mainstream film magazine? Why?
  3. Would you purchase this film magazine? Why?
  4. Would this film magazine stand out on the shelf? Why?
  5. Does this magazine work well with the poster and teaser trailer? Why?


My audience feedback revealed that the bold 'blocky' fonts used gave the magazine an authentic feel as a mainstream film magazine. The colour scheme with the high contrast red also made it eye-catching and would stand out on a shelf. Due to the cover lines all being linked to Hollywood, once again the magazine has an authentic mainstream feel. However, some feel that the background should have more action in it (an explosion).


Poster Post-Production Questionnaire:

  1. Does the poster look authentic? Why?
  2. Would this poster make you want to see the film? Why?
  3. What genre does this poster belong to? Why?
  4. Does this poster work alongside my magazine front cover and teaser trailer? Why?


I had a 100% response rate to action as a genre of my poster as the protagonist looks like he is running away from something or someone and is holding a gun. The bold, square font and the tag lines further backed up the genre. There was a high response rate to the poster looking authentic due to the billing, production company logo's, reviews, etc. The positive reviews and the mystery in what the protagonist is running from resulted in most people wanting to see this film. However, some felt that once again, there should be an action background (such as an explosion).


Teaser Trailer Post-Production Questionnaire:

  1. What genre does the film belong to? Why?
  2. Does the teaser trailer contain the right conventions? Why?
  3. Do the sound and images work well together? Why?
  4. Would this teaser trailer encourage you to watch the film? Why?
  5. Does the teaser trailer work well with the poster and magazine front cover? Why?


Once again, I had a 100% response rate to action as a genre. The fight scenes, guns and constant running displayed scenes of action. The general consensus was that the sound and images worked well together and excited the audience. They were drawn into it and wanted to see more. They felt that whilst they gathered some information regarding the storyline, they were withheld from a lot of it and want to know what happens. Most people indicated that they would watch the film. Most people also indicated that due to the fades, quick editing, tag lines, etc. the teaser trailer had all the appropriate conventions.

My audience informed me that due to the continuity in the marketing campaign (same fonts, images, tag lines,etc. used), all three components (teaser trailer, magazine front cover and poster) worked well together. This continuity means that the audience is more likely to watch the film.


No comments:

Post a Comment