Monday 4 April 2016

In What Ways Does Your Media Product Use, Develop Or Challenge Forms And Conventions Of Real Media Products? - Poster

As part of my marketing campaign, I had to make a poster.


I started researching poster by identifying the general conventions. I did this by looking at a variety of posters from different genres.



From my research I found that no matter what the genre, all posters had the same conventions, for example: title, tag lines, billing,etc. It was at this point where I turned my attention to action film posters in particular to identify genre specific conventions such as font, colour scheme, etc.



From this research, I knew that the central protagonist should feature alone on the cover in an action pose with a prop. I also knew that the colour scheme had to be dark with high contrast colours to make it stand out. It was also important for the font to be bold and square as this tends to be a standard convention across action film posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment