Thursday 25 February 2016

Possible Magazine Names

I now know that my magazine will be based on Empire so it is now time to start thinking of names. The name should reflect the big budget, Hollywood films I want it to represent. Below are some of the names I thought of.

1) Cut - Cut is heavily associated with film editing and is a very well know phrase. I think that due to the widely known nature of the word, it would be a fitting name for any big budget Hollywood film.

2) Action - The word doubles up as a term used in film production and also an actual genre. This name would be fitting to a Hollywood film magazine, but it might seem a little too genre specific.

3) Splice - Splicing was the method of editing film before computers. Splicing is a very well known concept and due to the film industries history, I think it would be a very fitting name for a big budget, Hollywood film.

4) Balance - Like action, this word refers to multiple aspects. For example: Light balance, sound balance, etc. It also suggests a non-biased take of something which is the perfect name for a magazine. However, I think this name would be suited more to an independent film magazine.

5) Shot - This name instantly implies action and guns, however it is also a term used in the film industry. I think this name might be in over-association with the action genre though.

No comments:

Post a Comment