Sunday 8 November 2015

Magazine Cover Analysis Conclusion

As I've previously displayed, there are currently many different film publications. Some aim for the mass Hollywood market, while some focus on independent films and attract a more niche audience. Once I decide on a genre, I will have to decide what type of magazine to produce a front cover for. Most magazine front covers display the same basic conventions, but the layout of them varies massively between different types of magazines.







When you look at the conventions of the posters above, you can roughly see what type of magazine it is. For example, look at the cover lines of Studio and Filmmaker. It is very clear that Filmmaker focuses on independent films while Studio focuses on Hollywood. From the slogan on Studio, it is apparent that it is a women's magazine. Cinefex is a weird cover as it barely has any of the standard conventions on it. This is to keep the front cover 'clean' as the magazine focuses on graphics. There is barely a distraction from the image. 

When I make my magazine front cover, I will include content which is related to the type of genre/film that I choose. I will also decide which audience to aim at.

No comments:

Post a Comment